However you ended up needing to self-isolate, the facts remain the same for everyone. You have to stay, in your house, apartment, or hotel, for a specific period. For some, it might be two weeks, and for others, it might be less, 8 days for example. During the last 18 months, the term self-isolation has been bandied around just as much Covid. Doing it isn't very fun but it is a legal requirement and you can face a hefty fine for breaking the law.
During this self-isolation period, it’s vital you maintain a healthy balanced diet by eating three nutritious meals a day. This, of course, matters whether you're looking to lose weight, build muscle, or just enjoy a balanced diet. However, when you're stuck inside all day, how can you achieve that?
Thankfully, here at Diets 2 Go, we offer meal delivery services that are packed with a host of delicious recipes. All are made from quality ingredients by a team of chefs who work hard to ensure every single meal is of the highest standard. In today's blog, we're going to be looking at the importance of a nutritious, balanced diet so that you can maintain good health during the isolation period, whether you have Covid-19 or not.
From breakfast through to dinner, we can supply you with all the flavoursome food you'll ever need to get through the time that you're isolating in a hotel after a foreign trip, or at home.
In this blog, we'll show you just how easy it is to enjoy our meal prep options and show you a selection of meals that our current happy customers love. To learn more, read on! Or, if you want to take advantage of our healthy meal delivery services right away, head over to our order page to place your order.
What Are the Current Self Isolation Rules?
As restrictions ease month by month, it may be hard to remember what the current self-isolation rules are. After all, it's easy to get caught up in the return to normalcy! However, even as vaccination levels rise, testing positive, or being pinged by the NHS Covid-19 app, still means you have to self-isolate. With that established, let's take a brief look at the current rules:
If you have tested positive for Covid-19 the period in which you must not leave your home, hotel, or apartment begins the day your symptoms started, and the next 10 days after that. If someone you live with has tested positive you essentially act as if you have contracted it, and self isolate for 10 full days. If after 10 days you get no symptoms, you may end the self-isolation period.
If the NHS Test and Trace programme contacts you telling you to self-isolate, or the Covid-19 app tells you, you must immediately return to your main abode. This period includes that day you were last in contact with the positive person, plus 10 full days.
So essentially, it's 10 full days, which is a long time when you think about it. It's more than a working week and if you're unlucky, it could be over two weekends. During this period, you're either dealing with having hopefully mild Covid-19 symptoms, looking after someone or just trying to stave off boredom because you're either symptomless or are testing negative.
These reasons, let alone the need to keep up fitness levels and maintain a balanced diet, is enough to make you want to take advantage of fresh ingredients and dishes from our meal delivery services. Let's take a look at why you should be considering having healthy food delivered right to your doorstep while you're cut off from the supermarkets and the outside world.
Benefits Of Healthy Meal Prep While Self Isolating
From the obvious ones to the more discreet benefits, there are dozens of reasons why premium meal prep from Diets 2 Go can save you time, money, waste, and stress. Stress which, during self-isolation, you do not need!
Our team can deliver anywhere in the UK mainland, for free. For instance, if you have come back from a foreign trip and are having to self-isolate in a government-designated hotel, we can supply you with enough meals to last you the entire time you're there.
Or, if you're going to be stuck in your home for 10 days, we can send you flavoursome food in no time at all. Let's look at some benefits of food delivery services:
- Time-saving - Even when you're self-isolating and stuck indoors, no one really wants to spend time cooking a meal for their other half, or their entire family. Sure, we all tried to make sourdough during lockdown one but that phase has well and truly passed. Our popular meal delivery service will save you a load of time. Simply throw your chosen meal in the microwave or heat it up in the oven and voila! You have a delicious dish right there.
- Avoid overeating - With boredom, comes overeating. When there's nothing else to do, people turn to the fridge, that's just a fact. Luckily, with prepared meals, you'll never fall foul and hit the biscuit tin. And, if the hunger pangs do strike, our expert chefs have created a range of perfect, health-conscious snacks like our protein balls, which will more than hit the spot and keep energy levels high.
- No more waste - We've all done it. We've all bought a massive shop full of fresh fruit and veg, only for it to go off a few days later. Not only is it annoying, but it's also expensive. Thankfully, all our breakfast, lunch, and dinner options are perfectly portioned and are great for 99% of appetites meaning the only 'waste' you'll have is our recyclable packaging. This keeps budgets in check and keeps your food waste bin empty.
- Get all the nutrients you need - Now more than ever, it is vital that what you're putting in your body is giving you as many health benefits as possible. The quality of ingredients that we use in our fresh meals is packed with nutrients and other goodness that's going to keep your body ticking over nicely while you wait out isolation at home, or in a hotel. Eating junk is going to make you feel lethargic and tired which is the last thing you want. Let our breakfasts, lunches, and delicious dinners keep a spring in your step.
- Something to look forward to - Think of our food delivery services like ordering a takeaway! That is always exciting. During the boredom of self-isolation, our meals will act as a fantastic way to break the day up!
Why Nutritious Food Is So Important During Covid
There is no denying that maintaining a healthy diet, that's packed with vegetables, nutrients, and other fresh ingredients is vital during Covid-19. While there is obviously no link between a bad diet and contracting the coronavirus, as with anything, if you have a better diet then the symptoms of illnesses will be more manageable and lessened because your body has a good immune system, supported by a healthy diet.
Away from battling the mild symptoms of Covid, just ensuring you have a good diet while self-isolating is really important. Being stuck inside and not being able to, for example, go for long walks, can have a real effect on your mental and physical health. Therefore it’s important to feed your body and brain produce that is going to make you feel good, and keep you healthy.
Our delicious options are packed with all the good stuff, and the best part is that they don't skimp on flavour! Take a look at just some of the most popular prepared meals that our customers love.
Pick Of The Best - The 6 Delicious Recipes That Our Customers Love The Most
- Jerk chicken with brown rice drizzled in our signature jerk sauce.
- Creamy tomato beef linguine with rocket.
- Tuna pasta coated in African spices.
- Grilled sea bass with brown rice, spinach, and a wedge of lemon.
- Beef rendang.
- Garlic and pepper chicken breast with new potatoes.
Stuck Inside But Want Healthy Food Delivery? Order From Our Meal Prep Menu Today
So if you're self-isolating, be that in a hotel or your house, and still want to enjoy flavoursome meals that are made from organic ingredients and produce, then start your meal prep journey with us today. Simply select the meals you want, how many meals per day you want to be delivered, and let us know of any dietary requirements. Then, all you have to do is leave the rest up to our dedicated team.
Diets 2 Go Blogs
Meal Prep Lunch Ideas For The Office
With the latest step announced on the Government’s roadmap out of lockdown in the UK, many of us are preparing to return to work in the office. As some people might have worked from home or been furloughed on and off for over a year now due to the covid-19 pandemic, the thought of returning to work may seem like a daunting prospect.Read more
Meal Prep for Weight Loss
You may think this is ludicrous to say, given the fact this January has been distinctly bluer than the average, but we believe that the year 2021 is the ideal time to make a positive change to your life!Read more
Sticking To Your Exercise Routine During Summer
Regular physical activity can have a multitude of benefits to your day-to-day life. A daily exercise routine can improve your overall health, reduce the risk of disease, improve mood, boost energy levels and promote better sleep. However, in search of that ‘summer body’, the main reason most people choose exercise is to lose, or control, their weight.Read more